According to the World Net Daily,
The phrase ‘new world order’ traces back at least as far as 1940, when author H.G. Wells used it as the title of a book about a socialist, unified, one-world government. The phrase has also been linked to American presidents, including Woodrow Wilson, whose work on establishing the League of Nations pioneered the concept of international government bodies, and to the first President Bush, who used it in a 1989 speech.
“A new partnership of nations has begun, and we stand today at a unique and extraordinary moment,” said Bush before a joint session of Congress. “Out of these troubled times, our fifth objective – a new world order – can emerge: A new era … in which the nations of the world, east and west, north and south, can prosper and live in harmony.”
The phrase “New World Order” causes alarm for many Americans, particularly those concerned about an international governing body trumping U.S. sovereignty or those that interpret biblical prophecy to foretell the establishment of a one-world government as key to the rise of the Antichrist. Conspiracy theorists, too, have latched on to the phrase, concerned that powerful financial or government figures are secretly plotting to rule the world.
Kissinger’s ties to government and international powers – as well as his use of the phrase – have made him suspect in the eyes of many who are wary of what “new world order” might actually mean.
“There is a need for a new world order,” Kissinger told PBS interviewer Charlie Rose last year, “I think that at the end of this administration, with all its turmoil, and at the beginning of the next, we might actually witness the creation of a new order – because people looking in the abyss, even in the Islamic world, have to conclude that at some point, ordered expectations must return under a different system.”
As WND reported, Kissinger was also part of last year’s super-secret Bilderberg Group, an organization of powerful international elites, including government, business, academic and journalistic representatives, that has convened annually since 1954.
According to sources that have penetrated the high-security meetings, the Bilderberg meetings emphasize a globalist agenda and promote the idea that the notion of national sovereignty is antiquated and regressive.
According to Wikipedia their are a number of ways the New World Order could come about.
Just as there are several overlapping and even conflicting theories among conspiracy theorists about the nature of the New World Order, so are there several beliefs about how its architects and planners will implement it:
Some conspiracy theorists speculate that the New World Order is being implemented gradually, citing the formation of the Federal Reserve bank; the United Nations; the World Health Organization; the World Bank; the World Trade Organization; the European Union and the Euro currency; the Middle East Free Trade Area and various Middle East peace processes; and the African Union as major milestones.
In particular, paleoconservative documentary maker Alex Jones claims in his film Endgame that the theorized North American Union and the Amero currency will be an implementation of the New World Order, orchestrated by the Bilderberg Group.
Coup d’état and martial law
Some conspiracy theorists, especially those associated with the United States militia movement, speculate that the New World Order will be implemented by martial law after a dramatic coup d’état, using UN peacekeepers and black helicopters, against all nation-states to bring about a world government. Before year 2000 some conspiracists believed this process would be set in motion by the predicted Y2K problem causing societal collapse. After the September 11 attacks, some have become convinced that a more catastrophic terrorist incident will be responsible for triggering this process.
Some religious and secular conspiracy theorists believe that the New World Order will be created by the surveillance-industrial complex through the use of Social Security numbers, and the bar-coding of retail goods with Universal Product Code markings. Current theorists have implicated RFID tagging as well. Consumer privacy advocates Katherine Albrecht and Liz McIntyre, authors of Spychips: How Major Corporations and Government Plan to Track Your Every Move with RFID, wrote another book on the subject from a Christian perspective, which associates spychips with the Number of the Beast mentioned in the Book of Revelation. Christian conservative political activist Mark Dice, leader of an organization called “The Resistance of Christ,” also believes there is a strong connection.
“Externalization of the Hierarchy”
In Alice Bailey’s conspiracy theories, a group of ascended masters called the Great White Brotherhood works on the “inner planes” to oversee humanity’s transition to the New World Order. At present, the members of this Spiritual Hierarchy are only known to a few people, with whom they communicate telepathically, but as the need for their personal involvement in the plan increases, there will be an “Externalization of the Hierarchy” and all people will know of their presence on Earth.
Wikipedia has also a time line of the milestones of the New World Order
There are several events that are considered pivotal in and related to the establishment of the New World Order:
- In 1776, the Bavarian Illuminati was founded (May 1, 1776) in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria) by Jesuit-taught Adam Weishaupt (1748–1830), who was the first lay professor of canon law at the University of Ingolstadt.
- In 1832, Skull and Bones was founded at Yale University.
- In 1903, the The Protocols of the Elders of Zion were published in Russia. Modern scholars are in general agreement that the Okhrana, the secret police of the Russian Empire, fabricated the text in the late 1890s or early 1900s by plagiarizing it, almost word for word in some passages, from a 19th Century satire against Napoleon III originally written by a French attorney whose political views were legitimistic.
- In 1913, the Federal Reserve Act was passed, creating the Federal Reserve System.
- In 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations was founded in New York City.
- In 1935, the reverse side of the Great Seal of the United States with the Eye of Providence above the pyramid appeared for the first time on the back of the U.S. one dollar bill.
- In 1944, the Bretton Woods Agreement was signed, outlining a regime for the post World War II world economy.
- In 1945, the United Nations was founded.
- In 1954, the Bilderberg Group was founded.
- In 1957, the European Economic Community (European Common Market) was formed, which in 1992 changed its name to the European Union. Currently, the EU has 27 member states, 15 of which use a common currency, the Euro.
- In 1963, the Codex Alimentarius Commission was established by the Food and Agriculture Organization and the World Health Organization, later to be backed by the World Trade Organization.
- In 1973, David Rockefeller and Zbigniew Brzezinski organized the Trilateral Commission. The Club of Rome issued a report entitled the “Regionalized and Adaptive Model of the Global World System,” which proposes that the world be divided into ten regions.
- In 1995, the United Nations’ International Trade Organization‘s (ITO) General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) group was renamed the World Trade Organization (WTO).
- In 2001, the World Trade Center towers and the Pentagon were attacked by al-Qaeda terrorists, killing thousands of people. Many 9/11 conspiracy theorists believe that they were carried out or supported by the U.S. government. The attacks have been linked to ideas about the New World Order, sometimes presented as psychological operations to frighten Americans into giving up their civil liberties to a “homeland security” authority that will eventually turn control of the United States over to a “world government.”
- In 2001, the USA PATRIOT Act was signed by George W. Bush, which expands the authority of U.S. law enforcement agencies for the stated purpose of fighting terrorism in the United States and abroad.
- In 2002, the FDA approved the manufacture of the VeriChip microchip implant. This aroused people’s fears that some future totalitarian governments could enforce the implanting of these chips and thus be a form of the Number of the Beast mentioned in the Book of Revelation. Revelation 13:16-13:17
- In 2004, the Independent Task Force on North America, a project organized by the Council on Foreign Relations, proposes the establishment by 2010 of a North American economic and security community, generally referred to as the North American Union. It has been proposed by Robert Pastor, a vice-chairman of the task force, that the North American Union would have a common currency, the amero.
- In 2007, then U.S. president George W. Bush signed into effect the National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive, which grants the president broad powers during a time of “national emergency”. This directive also grants unprecedented power to the Commander In Chief of the US Military (the president) without any type of overriding system of checks and balances from the United States Congress.
- In 2008, European Commission president José Manuel Durão Barroso said, “We need a new global financial order”, in reference to a planned series of World Economic Summits to be hosted by U.S. president George W. Bush.
- In 2009, U.K prime minister Gordon Brown talks of “the difficult birth-pangs of a new global order” in a speech warning against what he called “deglobalisation” in the face of the global economic crisis.